Tired of all those well-known, omnipresent 808- and 909-sounds? The new Midi Analog Drum machine MAD-5 from AVP synth (Moscow, Russia) sounds different! It is influenced by old Russian drum machines (something you might not have heard in your studio yet), and it’s quite sophisticated, and comes with MIDI.
“[MAD-5] is an analog drum synthesizer which is inspired by the sounds of the 20th century soviet drum machines while having the flexibility, MIDI control and compact package of the 21st century.” (http://www.avpsynth.com/products/mad-5)
The panel-layout reminds us a little of MFB products (Tanzbär, or any other, little box) – let’s call it a clear and objective design. Nevertheless, the drumsynth is 100% analog, each sound can be adjusted individually and has its own output.
- 100% analog sound synthesis
- 5 instruments: bass drum, snare drum, opened hi-hat, closed hi-hat, clap
- 4 noise generators: snare , op. hh., cl. hh., clap (surprisingly)
- MIDI-IN, 16 channels (Midi learn)
- Audio outputs: mix outp and five individual outputs
- Controls: 22 knobs, 1 switch, 1 button
- External power supply: adapter 15 VAC (included)
- Dimensions: L 13,5 x W 18,5 x H 5,5 cm
- Weight: 1 kg
The following video demonstrates the MAD-5. If you’re in a hurry, skip the inidvual instrument’s presentation and start at 4’30”, or skip the basic rhythms as well and start at 7′. That’s where the demo becomes increasingly interesting …
AVP Synth MAD-5
Price: 300 Euros + shipping