We guess you might know some of the legendary Russian synthesizers: the mystique Formanta Polyvoks, the huge ANS Synthesizer, the color-knobbed Aelita? Now there are new, fresh instruments from the east. Tiny analog (or virtual-analog) machines: the VAS-100 (the synthesizer) and the ADB-5 (the drum machine).
The VAS-100 Synthesizer is a monophonic virtual analog instrument. The synth has a DSP engine that is inspired by the sound of the Soviet Era synthesizers (like Polivoks, Alisa, etc.), while having a distinctive tone of its own.
- Method of synthesis: virtual-analog (VA) synthesis
- Controlled oscillator (DCO): 2; saw, square, triangle, PWM
- Noise generator: 1
- Controlled filter (DCF): one 4-pole low-pass active filter; modes LPF, HPF
- Envelope generator (ADSR): 1
- Controlled amplifier (DCA): 1
- Low frequency oscillator (LFO): 1; square, triangle
- Functions: Distortion, FM, Anti-Alias
- Banks of presets: 16 (sixteen) rewritable
- MIDI Interface: MIDI In, MIDI Thru, fifteen channels, the sixteenth – OMNI
- Audio output: mono jack 6.3 mm
- Controls: 17 switches, 9 knobs, 3 buttons
- Power supply: adapter 9 V DC (included)
The following video shows the VAS-100 “live” … it starts a little creepy (well, “silence” is what you really DON’T expect in a synth demo):
The second video demonstrates the VAS-100 sound by layering several audio tracks:
The ADB-5 Drum Machine is a 100% analog drum box.
- The method of synthesis – 100% analog synthesis
- Shapers (tones) of the sound: 5; bass drum, snare drum, tom drum, open hat, close hat
- The noise generator (Noise): 2 modes; for SD, OH and CH
- MIDI interface: MIDI In, 16 channels
- Audio output: mono 6.3mm jack
- Controls: 10 knobs, 4 switches
- Power supply: adapter 15V DC (included)
For all additional information and pricing please visit / join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/avpsynth.