The Dominion 1: announced last year (behind closed doors), now presented at the Frankfurt Musikmesse. There are many beautiful analog (mono)synthesizers out there. But this one is a cracker. Its little brother – the Dominion X – is superb (… read the Dominion X review and – more important – listen to its soundfiles). The keyboard version is even better …!
DOMINION 1 is the next generation of the Dominion series. Like the Dominion X, it combines the advantages of analog synthesis, modular patching and programmability. While the desktop version (Dominion X) provides an impressive array of 6 filter types (analog and discrete, of course), the Dominion 1 is now whopping 12 (!) filter modes.
- Programmabele Analog Synthesizer with 3 Octave Keyboard (velocity & aftertouch)
- 2 ribbon controllers, arpeggiator/sequencer
- 3 VCOs with waveshaping, analog & digital ringmodulator
- Dual-sync and dynamic FM, noise generator
- SED multimode filter (12 modes)
- Comprehensive CV/Gate patchfield
- Velocity routing matrix (12 destinations)
- 3 LFOs, 2 of them with one-shot-function and reset
- 3 envelopes (with 70mm sliders)
- Intuitive handling and quality hardware, internal power supply
- Midi Dump, In, Out, Thru
So, this seems to be one of the synth highlights of 2013 (and probably of the mid future, too). Dominion 1 offers 128 programmable patches and sequences (selectable via preset buttons and the value knob). Its step sequencer records up to 128 steps, including velocity, aftertouch, glide and ribbons movements.
We played it … aaahhh, yes, it’s sound is incredible …!
MFB Dominion 1 will be available July / August 2013.
Price: 1380 Euros.
Awesome, awesome, awesome… did i say this thing is awesome yet?? Emailed MFB for some more info and postage to my home, cant wait to hear some more news on this amazing bit of kit :). Pity it doesn’t have a feedback delay on board, that would have sent it into the stratosphere, but the rest is ALL GOOD. Fully programmable with 3 vco, 3 lfo, 3 env, 2 ringmod options, 12 filters and extensive patching options makes this a mega, mega synth. Awesome!!!