40 years ago, in the early 70s, two Californian university graduates set up a small company making a high quality modular synthesizer. The company they formed was called Emu and from the humble beginnings of their modular system, they went on to produce a whole host of innovative electronic instruments.
The Emu Modular system is a classic and it was pioneering. The Exclusively Analogue modular system project was started to fulfill the need Tony had to re-house his original Emu system submodules and developed from that. The primary modules, Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO), Sawtooth Pulse VCO (SPVCO), Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter (VCLPF), Dual Transient Generator (DTG), and Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA) have been recreated and faithfully reproduced as a ‘Tribute’ to the Emu modular. They will only be available in extremely limited numbers, a total of 10 sets.
‘Tribute’ Module List
- EA2000 Voltage Controlled Amplifier
- EA2100 Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter
- EA2200 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- EA2210 Sawtooth Pulse Voltage Controlled Oscillator.
- EA2350 Dual Delayed Transient Generator
Additional modules to complete the system:
- EA2800 3″ x 6″ Blank Panel
- EA2801 6″ x 6″ Blank Panel
- EA2802 9″ x 6″ Blank Panel
- EA2905 Power Supply Panel
- EA2906 Multiple Panel
- EACAB1 42” x 12” Oak Cabinet
‘The Pioneer’ Modular Synthesizer
It is planned to subsequently produce redesigned primary modules that, whilst following the original style, will be electronically new. This will form the basis of the new ‘Pioneer’ modular system. It is also planned to produce additional modules to add to existing systems or as part of a new one. (Note that these modules will be completely compatible with existing Emu modular systems)
The currently planned new ‘Pioneer’ modules are;
- EA2001 Voltage Controlled Amplifier
- EA2101 Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter
- EA2120 Voltage Controlled Multimode Filter (12dB Lowpass, 24dB Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch)
- EA2201 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- EA2211 Sawtooth Pulse Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- EA2341 Lag Processor
- EA2351 Dual Delayed Transient Generator
- EA2401 Noise Source
- EA2411 Sample & Hold
- EA2431 Ring Modulator
- EA2461 Dual Low Frequency Oscillator
- EA2501 16 Step Sequencer
- EA2512 Scaling Quantizer
- EA2522 MIDI to CV convertor
Find out more on their website http://www.exclusivelyanalogue.com/ or on Facebook Emu Systems Modular Synthesizer.