The Trax RetroWave R-1 desktop monosynth was designed for musicians who want the warmth and power of classic analog synthesizer sound, created by a real analog instrument. Handmade, of course.
Create electronic music from scratch. The RetroWave pots are huge, a joy to use. And, of course, there are no menue screens or hidden functions …
The synthesizer offers:
- 1 Logarithmic Voltage-Controlled Oscillator
- 1 24dB/octave, 4-pole Lowpass Filter
- 2 Triangle and Square Wave Low Frequency Oscillators
- Sample & Hold
- 1 Envelope (with auto-repeat by LFO 1)
- 1 Voltage Controlled Amplifier with Overdrive Function
- a built-in MIDI to CV Unit
The instrument’s list of connections is impressive, too:
“The rear panel has INPUTS for 24V dc power supply, MIDI (via 5-pin DIN socket), Gate, VCO CV (control voltage), VCO PWM (pulse width modulation), VCF CV, VCA CV and External Audio (all 1/4″ jack sockets).
OUTPUTS are also provided for CV, Gate +5V, Velocity and Audio.”
For further information see:
And here is our RetroWave review (with pictures and soundfiles):